Saturday, September 26, 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Makeup Haul & Review


Hi all,
Today post is very special. I will share with you my Charlotte Tilbury makeup haul. For those of you who don’t know, Charlotte Tilbury is super talented makeup artist with clients including Kate Moss, Cara Delevigne, Sienna Miller, Amal Clooney, Adele, and so many others. You could also see Charlotte moving from backstage to backstage in Fashion Week doing her magic to the most beautiful faces in the modeling industry.

I’m very excited to finally get my hands on her products. It quickly becomes one of my favorite makeup brands. I love so many things from her line. If you like to know the things I got, please keep reading. 



FILMSTAR BRONZE & GLOW LIGHT TO MEDIUM 


First of all, let’s take a moment to admire the art-deco rose gold packaging. It looks like a cigarette case carried by flapper girls in the 1920’s, so beautiful.  The bronzer itself is light but buildable. A little bit glowy but not over the top. It may look too subtle on dark skin but super pretty on light to medium skin. This product works best as a bronzer. In fact I think it works much better than my NARS Laguna to give that sun-kissed glow. Go ahead if you want to use it as a light contour, I just find that the color is tad too warm on me to use for that purpose.   



The ivory champagne highlighter is also beautiful. Perfect for people who don’t really like shimmery color. I personally think that the highlight color is more softer, more buttery, demure version of The Balm “Mary Lou-manizer”. Overall, this is my favorite product from Charlotte Tilbury range. Totally recommend it.

Price: Rp 1.135.000 (price might change now. I ordered it before USD went crazy!) I got mine at @joancorner on Instagram. Super funny trusted seller. I totally recommend you fellow Indonesians to follow and shop at @joancorner.  

L-R: Love Glow - Sex on Fire

CHEEK TO CHIC LOVE GLOW
I saw Charlotte Tilbury on Youtube and she said that this particular blush was being used on Amal Clooney on her wedding day. For your information I love Amal Clooney, I love to take inspiration from intelligent, strong, and beautiful woman. I might not have her career (yet) and her A-list celebrity husband, but at least I can recreate her blushing cheek at home :D

The idea behind this blush is that we swish our brush around the outside shade and use the inner circle as ‘pop of color’. Interesting concept! It is pigmented, finely-milled, and luminous without obvious shimmer. “Love Glow” is natural peachy-pink blush.

Price: Rp 715.000,- (price might change now.) I got mine at @joancorner on Instagram.


CHEEK TO CHIC SEX ON FIRE
I also got ‘Sex on Fire’ a tawny mauve color that looks amazing on so many skin tones. Beautiful pigmentation and blends easily on the skin.

Price: Rp 715.000,- (price might change now) I got mine at @joancorner on Instagram. 

L-R: The Dolce Vita - The Sophisticate

LUXURY PALETTE THE DOLCE VITA
 I had a hard time picking what eye shadow shade I was going to buy, all of her eye shadow palettes are so beautiful.  After a lot of consideration I finally went for “The Dolce Vita” and “The Sophisticate”.  “The Dolce Vita” has a warm bronzy tone. The picture doesn’t do the justice, the colors are much more stunning in real life. Every shade is blendable, pigmented, and provides soft buttery application without powdery mess that I experience with my Urban Decay Naked 2. “The Dolce Vita” is suitable for a flirty night out.

Price: Rp 825.000,- (price might change now) I got mine at @joancorner on Instagram. 


LUXURY PALETTE IN THE SOPHISTICATE
“The Sophisticate” is the Olivia Palermo of Charlotte Tilbury eye shadows. It is elegant, understated, and polished at the same time. The taupe and grey tones on this palette are suitable for everyday usage.

Price: Rp 825.000,- (price might change now) I got mine at @joancorner on Instagram 


K.I.S.S.I.N.G LIPSTICK IN HEPBURN HONEY 


Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks are packed in this rose gold plastic tube that looks beautiful but feels cheap to hold (sorry Charlotte!) unlike my favorite Tom Ford and YSL luxurious weighty metal tube. However The K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick formula is gorgeous! “Hepburn Honey” is deliciously creamy, opaque, and rich. Doesn’t accentuate fine line or dryness on the lips. The color itself is beautiful, a nude that has yellow-peachy undertones that suits my yellow skin tone.

Price: Rp 595.000,- (price might change now) I got mine at @joancorner on Instagram 


MATTE REVOLUTION BIRKIN BROWN 


I might not own Hermes Birkin (yet) but I have this “Birkin Brown” lipstick from Charlotte Tilbury. It is the most comfortable matte lipstick formula I have tried this far. Not accentuate any flakiness, glides on easily, and pack the right amount of color you need to make your lips look stunning.

“Birkin Brown” looks very dark on the tube but applied quiet sheer yet buildable. If you like vampy plumy brown Kylie Jenner lip then this color is suitable for you. As for me, I don’t find myself reaching this color too often. The brown tone just aged me terribly. Once again the formula itself is beautiful however the color is not my favorite.

Price: Rp 595.000,- (price might change now. I ordered it before US Dollar went crazy!) I got mine at @joancorner on Instagram. 


MATTE REVOLUTION BOND GIRL 


I will describe “Bond Girl” as a shy red lip. It looks similar to “Birkin Brown” on the tube but applies very differently on the lips. It creates this sheer red with a hint of brown in it. Suitable for people who wants to start wearing red lipstick but scare of fire engine red of MAC “Ruby Woo”. I like to pair this color with Charlotte Tilbury “Sex on Fire” blush.

Price: Rp 595.000,- (price might change now. I ordered it before US Dollar went crazy!) I got mine at @joancorner on Instagram.

Overall, I enjoy Charlotte Tilbury cosmetics very much, I would love to add so many things to my collection ('Very Victoria', 'Bitch Perfect', and 'Amazing Grace' lipsticks, "Pillow Talk" lip liner, 'The Golden Goddess' eyeshadow, and several colors of her cream shadows).  I personally think her makeup is worth every penny. I totally recommend you to check out her line. Charlotte Tilbury cosmetics are available on her websiteNet-A-Porter and Selfidges.

6 comments:

  1. curious about the magic cream and the wonder glow foundie.... 2 of my wishlist. <3

    beauty-redemption.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful haul, charlotte tilbury definitely one of my wish list

    nurulwahdini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lagi ngelirik CT jg, tp foundationnya :(
    www.nascada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...